My Top 5 favorite Tori Kelly Songs... Listen to ALL of them and thank me (and Tori) later!


Because I keep her songs in my heart...
I have to (I MUST) share to the whole world, this magical feeling of listening to Tori Kelly's music...

Way back 2012, there was an incredibly talented Youtube artist named Tori Kelly who went viral for her massively AWESOME cover of Frank Ocean's Thinkin' Bout You. Here's the video:


As of this very moment, this video already earned 25,295,176 views... and counting! Woah! It's a very raw and simple cover. Nothing fancy, just pure talent! Kudos to both Tori and Angie Girl for nailing it!
 

Fast forward to year 2015, Tori Kelly released her debut album entitled Unbreakable Smile. Just when I thought that "yeah, she CAN sing... yeah, she CAN play guitars..." I actually didn't expect that she CAN compose songs too and SHE'S KILLING IT... She writes NOT just any songs, hers were unbelievably wonderful songs that are catchy & cool... but heartwarming & awe-inspiring at the same time...

So as promised, I will share My Top 5 favorite Tori Kelly Songs that will aim straight to your hearts! It's been really tough to pick just five among ALL of her fantastic compositions. She's too impressive like that! I have decided to share her LIVE performances of each songs... Tori's recorded tracks are extremely beautiful for our ears, but I swear.. her live performances are... definitely MIND-BLOWING!

Alright... Let's give it a GO!


5. Dear No One


Dear No One is my life's theme song! The first time I heard it, I said to myself "THIS IS MY SONG!" I owned it as if it was written for me! Seriously! It's a very straightforward song of all the independent single ladies out there who are secretly wishing/praying for someone to come into their lives who will make them realize that they are also worthy to be taken care of. And hopefully, that person will come at the right place and at the right time. (yeah, fingers pointing at me..)

4. Nobody Love


Nobody Love is a very (unique) likable and fun love song! Severe LSS awaits you after you listen to this! Her vocals are on point too! You will be caught on the groove of this song in no time! I love how Tori Kelly, herself, obviously enjoys every live performances of this song on any stage!

3. Unbreakable Smile


Another catchy song, Unbreakable Smile is the album's title track. A very sensible song from a young song writer. This, for me, is Tori Kelly being transparent and true. This song is spreading good vibes and positivity in a very effective way. Tori's Unbreakable Smile is definitely contagious!


2. Funny


Don't let the title fool you. This is not a typical comedic song, this song is not that funny at all. It relays a deeper message to everyone. It is a gentle reminder of the sad reality that everything goes around and nothing is permanent in this cruel world. We should get up when we fall down; we should smile after we cry; we should let our mistakes change us to be a better person... The lyrics actually rips your soul and tears your heart beautifully. Funny is such a lyrically amazing track.

1. I Was Made For Loving You (feat. Ed Sheeran)


It's a bit hard to find a live version of my TOP1 favorite Tori Kelly song I Was Made For Loving You, so... I grabbed this fancam video of Robyn Leonard. I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH! It's a heartfelt love song and Ed Sheeran is on it, so, what more can I ask for? Tori and Ed are two of the most incredible singer-songwriter of this generation and a song from them is really something to treasure! I was ecstatic when I heard rumors of their collaboration, but I never expected it to be so good... SO, SO GOOD. I nearly cried tears of joy when I first listened to this song. That's how beautiful this song is for me... I Was Made For Loving You surely owns the top spot!
(here's a link of the official audio feat Ed Sheeran: https://youtu.be/dFD02LYcw4k)


Whew! That's a wrap on my TOP 5!


To Tori Kelly, you are beyond amazing! Keep writing and singing songs from your heart... You don't know how much you inspire people with your music and I know that your fans will definitely testify to that. I am praying that some day, (just.. maybe... SOMEDAY...)  I will be lucky enough to see you perform live (front row) in this lifetime! And when that happens, I will sing my heart out to all of your songs until I lose my voice. I love you and your music. ALWAYS.

Just a bonus list... here are 5  Things I like about Tori (beyond her voice):
1. Her big blonde CURLS (It looks real good on her.. so, damn fine!!!)
2. Her Fashion style is always on point!
3. She's really great in playing guitars... talk about TALENT!
4. The way she talks... It's cute!
5. Her dimples on her left cheek..

And here is another bonus video of the best ever Tori Kelly live performance of her song entitled Should've Been Us that I saw on Youtube, I love how the audience harmonized in singing the back up vocals of this song... Even Tori was surprised! I bet this is one hella fun show:


Alright.. Enough of bonuses... Haha!

Just go ahead and drown more of Tori Kelly's goodness via Youtube / Spotify!



AND... YOU'RE WELCOME!



Follow Tori Kelly on Social Media:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/torikelly
Instagram: http://instagram.com/torikelly
Facebook: http://facebook.com/torikellymusic 
Vine: http://vine.co/torikelly
Tumblr: http://koritelly.tumblr.com 
Snapchat: @koritelly

Photo credits to Tori's website: http://www.torikellymusic.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment